Dehumidifier systems to avoid microorganisms that trigger respiratory diseases
Young children and babies develop their immune systems properly, as long as there is nutrition and specific care. On the other hand, all children can be susceptible to stale environments, without clean air, and even more, living in places with a preponderance of fungi and different types of pollution.
Specifically, plastic, rubber, and rug items can pick up excessive moisture very easily. This will invariably create pathogens that are essentially dangerous to all people, and as is known, such materials are often used in children’s toys. Children, living daily with these objects, both in nurseries/schools and in the same home, then the risks of respiratory and even stomach diseases would increase, knowing that many of these objects are taken to the mouth.
Teddy bears and stuffed animals are the toys most likely to make a mess. This happens most of the time due to a bad environment where children live. In this sense, cleanliness is of course essential, but it is also essential to have good atmospheric and favorable climate control for the little ones. In places where there may be points of excessive atmospheric saturation, you should think about the possibility of installing desiccant mechanisms, which, together with a good purifier/nebulizer, can make a difference in creating a healthy environment. In general, there should be good air conditioning, both in the home and in schools and nurseries, with excellent extraction and ventilation; it is preponderant to avoid the proliferation of mold and other harmful microorganisms.
Step by step to remove mold from toys and stuffed objects
- When some of these objects contain high rates of humidity, it is best to put them to dry in the hot sun, placing a dry towel as a base, and on top of all the wet objects, separately. This way, traces of musty odors are eliminated and, most importantly, mold will be eradicated, at least the most superficial.
- When any of the stuffed animals or furry objects used by the young child show signs of deeper humidity with possible fungi, it is best to use an upholstery vacuum cleaner, to ensure the elimination of each spore. If the toy is heavily contaminated by moisture fungus, it may be best to dispose of it.
- After using the vacuum or desiccant components to get rid of any mold, we then move on to the next step, which is to apply a mixture by spraying it to the most affected parts. To do this, you will need ammonia -a cup-, cold water -a cup-, and once the solution is combined, then it is spread with the atomizer, and then wiped with a dry cloth. That should guarantee the eradication of the last traces of microorganisms and humidity, which are usually the most complicated. It is reiterated, if the stuffed animal or toy looks very contaminated, then it is best to throw it away.
- Then comes the natural or artificial drying, either outdoors, using a fan or dehumidifier, which is recommended to be used throughout the toy room, bathrooms, and other common areas where babies and young children unfold; everything is to avoid excessive saturation.
- If even with all that, some musty aroma is perceived, then it is best to use baking soda, putting it inside a plastic bag next to the stuffed animal, to later cover it. It is sealed and shaken, waiting a couple of hours to remove the baking soda from the toy.
Desiccant Moisture Control in Baby and Toddler Rooms
To avoid respiratory difficulties and the appearance of asthmatic conditions, it is necessary to have a balanced atmosphere in climate and environmental purification. Young children are very susceptible to the slightest air pollution. In this sense, it is essential to keep the air conditioning and heating in good condition, and also review the maintenance of humidifiers or vaporizers used in the home. A dehumidifying system greatly helps to preserve a healthy environment, preventing the appearance of damp fungi, among other swarming elements.